Introductory Personal Training Program
A collaboration between Campus Recreation and Exercise Science.
In this introductory personal training program you receive a personalized exercise training program, and work with a trainer 2 times/week for up to 4 weeks. This will help you get started with a fitness program that is safe and customized for your fitness level!
- This program will be open to Adelphi students, faculty and staff only.
- This program is FREE! There is no fee to participate in it at this time.
- There will be one training period/session:
- Spring ‘17 – II (March 20-April 28, 2017) (Register Below)
- Participants (clients) in the program will receive:
- A Fitness evaluation including:
- Body Composition analysis
- Aerobic Capacity analysis
- Musculoskeletal analysis
- Individual Exercise Prescription
- Supervised exercise training* in the fitness center 2 x’s a week for up to 4 weeks (*Individual or small groups up to 3ppl/group)
- Follow up assessment/evaluation
- Trainers for this program are 3rd and 4th year Exercise Science Practicum Students
- Trainers will consult with and are critiqued by Exercise Science Faculty throughout
Policies and Procedures
- Participants/clients register on a google form for the current training period: Spring ‘17- II. CLICK HERE to open the Registration Form.
- Clients are assigned to a trainer on a first come/first serve basis.
- Each personal trainer will be assigned up to (3) clients.
- Sign up for day/time in the schedule that you will be available for 4-6 weeks. You will be asked to choose your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice of training day/times based on the trainer schedule list provided on the registration form.
- You will be contacted (via Adelphi email) by the trainer assigned to you within 1-2 business days regarding:
- Your assigned day/time
- Information about your first session (which will be your fitness evaluation)
- All participants will be asked to
- BE ON TIME!
- Communicate clearly with your trainer
- Attend all scheduled sessions
- Once you register to participate in the Adelphi Introductory Personal Training Program, there is the expectation of a commitment on your part to attend the fitness evaluation as well as the have consistent attendance at the training sessions for the entire four weeks.
- If a client misses the evaluation (or two sessions), they will be removed from the program and replaced by someone on the waiting list.
- Following your Introductory Personal Training Program (up to four weeks of training), you will receive a follow-up assessment regarding your progress.
- Trainers Bios: All current trainers will have their pictures and bios posted on the Recreational Fitness Center bulletin board.
- Feedback on this program is welcomed and encouraged!
» Register for the Spring ‘17 – II Session
For further information, please contact:
Campus Rec Graduate Assistant for Fitness
p – 516.877.4274
e – firstname.lastname@example.org