Adelphi University Recreation and Sports Membership Programs
Alumni, family members of current faculty, staff and students as well as affiliates and local residents can “have fun and be active” by joining one of the Center for Recreation and Sports (CRS) membership programs. Membership allows the participant to work out or play in our new, state-of-the-art recreational facilities during regularly scheduled hours. University facilities open to CRS members include:
- State-of-the-art, 5,000 sq.ft. Recreational Fitness Center including 28 cardio machines, Cybex selectorized weight circuit and 14 free weight stations, cable machines and a stretching area.
- Four-lane, 25-yard swimming pool
- Indoor track (1/10 mile) with scenic views to the outdoors
- Three court gymnasium for basketball, volleyball and badminton
- Indoor racket courts (1 conversion racquetball court and 1 dedicated squash court)
- Four outdoor tennis courts
- Locker rooms with grooming stations and shower rooms.
CRS Recreation Hours
Recreation facility hours vary during holidays, breaks, Intersession and the summer. Also, gymnasium hours are subject to change depending on athletic and recreation events being held.
Healthy Steps to an Active Lifestyle
A unique opportunity for CRS members, Adelphi University’s “Healthy Steps” program is an intake and training process designed to guide participants towards maintaining an active lifestyle and enjoying a safe and highly effective exercise experience. All members will automatically be enrolled in (parts of) the Healthy Steps program and hopefully take advantage of the best Adelphi has to offer. Important: Review our Healthy Steps to an Active Lifestyle program information. (Additional fees may be required)
Registration and General Policies
- All campus recreation memberships expire 1 year from the date of joining.
- To register for Adelphi’s university campus recreation programs, all members must complete a CRS registration/ waiver form, a Pre-Participation Health Screening, and signed physician clearance form and submit with payment.
- Cash and checks are accepted forms of payment.
- Once the required forms are complete and have been reviewed, “Healthy Steps” guidelines and parking forms will be mailed to the member’s home.
- New members must schedule a fitness orientation prior to participating. At that time, their membership card will be issued.
- CRS memberships are not transferable, and CRS members are not allowed to bring guests.
- Memberships may be revoked from members who show disregard for policies and procedures.